Thursday, April 7, 2011

Time as Medium Post

I thought that this article was particularly interesting, given the chance to actually experience one of these pieces. The piece that I have experienced is Bruce Nauman's Corridor Installations in Dia: Beacon. In participating in these pieces, you get a sense of time in the present (as in what is happening around you or in the piece at the moment) and past (what has already occured). I really enjoyed the idea that the delay of video feed is past even though it is recording of just a few seconds beforehand. Also, I believe that the idea of an object viewing itself is interesting in that there is a sense of disbelief in the idea. If the object were able to think, would it see itself and believe that it was a copy of the image or that the image is an imposter or a copy of itself. I believe the object would question it's reality in relation to the image, but have a physical sense of self by being in existence. I think this questions the idea of reality versus cinematography, which we have previously discussed, which is why I found this interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment